Ex-GNR Class N2 0-6-2T No 1744 built by the North British Locomotive Co. (Works No. 22600) and introduced in February 1921. The locomotive became LNER No. 4744, then 9523 in the 1946 renumbering scheme, and finally BR No. 69523. It was withdrawn from service at New England in September 1962 and purchased for preservation in September 1963. It is now based on the Great Central Railway at Loughborough.
At its most recent overhaul, the locomotive was turned out in Great Northern green livery, complete with Great Northern details.